If you are a user of my gold and silver price checker app, you may also be interested in checking out the top 10 Android apps for personal money management at About.com,
Personally I believe that gold and silver investment should be used for wealth preservation, but that is just a component of an overall personal financial plan. To build wealth, you need to have money left at the end of the month after all your personal expenses and obligations, and that is where a money management tool comes into play.
Here’s what I did when I first began to get my fiscal house in order,
1) What is your monthly income(s) ?
2) Find out EXACTLY how much you spent a month? This is where one of the top 10 money management apps above will help. Most of them are easy to use and will provide a detail breakdown of your monthly expenses. You can use it for 2-3 months, the objective is just to gauge how much on average you are spending per month.
3) From the 2-3 months of expense data, find out if you have any activities/things that you are unknowingly overspending on, and see if you can cut down on those. I was spending too much for my coffee addiction! 🙂
4) Once you have your average expense number down, hopefully your income is greater than that! Else cut down or focus on increasing your income.
5) Determine how much you intend to save per month and from next month onwards, when you receive your monthly income, PAY YOURSELF FIRST. That means before you start using the money, transfer out the intended saving amount into a separate savings account.
6) Finally, keep an eye on the gold and silver market regularly by checking my Gold and Silver Price Checker app, watch out for golden opportunity to buy on dips and convert those fiat currency into real money!
Hope you find this informative and useful. Would love to hear from you if you have any comments and feedback regarding my style of money management.